Move It is a dance movement therapy group for kids aged between 5-12. Kids will be encouraged to move their bodies, explore self-expression, and work on social skills while meeting other people in a fun environment facilitated by a dance movement therapist. Find out more about Move It now.
What is Move It?
Move It is a 60 minute drop-in dance movement therapy programme for children aged between 5-12 years that takes place weekly. Move It encourages participants to develop friendships, build wider community connections, have fun and express themselves creatively, in a safe and supported environment, while learning and developing important life skills.
The sessions are facilitated by dance movement therapists, and they combine their specialist knowledge with skills of psychotherapy, counselling and rehabilitation to help individuals with a wide variety of treatment needs such as:
- Increased physical fitness and gross motor skills development
- The development of social skills and boundaries
- Improved confidence and self-esteem
- Emotional expression and literacy in unique ways
- Self and emotional regulation
- Encourages creativity and imagination
- Provides stress release
Move It locations
At the moment, we only offer the Move It programme in Auckland:
- Oranga – Kelly Elrick Room: Oranga Community Centre, 52 Waitangi Rd, Onehunga
Day & time: Mondays 4pm – 5pm
Term 4 2023 dates: 9th October – 11th December (no session on 23rd October due to Labour Day)
Move It costs
This is a free drop-in group programme. You don’t need to register beforehand, you can just turn up with your child if it suits you!
To find out more please contact us at 09 636 3029 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.