moving creatively together
to Dance & Arts Therapy NZ.
We are here to empower and support
Dance Therapy NZ (DTNZ) is a registered charitable trust that provides mental health and disability services. Our kaupapa is to support and empower vulnerable individuals and groups in Aotearoa New Zealand through the use of Dance Movement Therapy and Arts Therapy. We have a particular focus on those with disabilities and special needs but also work with at-risk tamariki from low income backgrounds and people of all ages struggling with trauma.
We are a team of professionals who value creativity, connection, nurturing, growth, integrity and collaboration.
DTNZ consists of senior therapists trained in Dance Movement Therapy and/or Clinical Arts Therapy internationally and locally, therapists who are currently completing their training, professional dancers and dance education experts specialising in disability and dance.
We have 8 different programmes to choose from across Aotearoa.
– Darrell, Dance Movement Therapist
– mother of 14 year old girl with ASD
– Mother of 10 & 9 year olds with Autism
– Grandmother of 6 year old boy with developmental delay
– mother of 5 year old
– mother of 8 year old
– mother of 12-year old
– mother of a 12 year old boy with Cerebral Palsy and Asperger’s Syndrome
– mother of a 10 year old girl with ADHD and Asperger’s Syndrome
– parents of an 8 year old boy with ADHD and ASD
Dance Therapy NZ gratefully acknowledges the generous support of the following: